Monday, February 06, 2006

Long day in the city

Instead of watching the Super Bowl some of his girls planned a day in the city. We were gonna meet, see our friend Alex's apartment, have tea and then possibly shop. Well, 2 of the 4 didn't come. So Alex and I planned our own day--just pretty much as the day went on.
(Curt went to a friend's for Super Bowl and XBox 360 playing. They have a honkin' TV and surround sound and all that good stuff.)
I met Alex about 12:30. We browsed Claire's Boutique. Love that store. Then had a slice of pizza for lunch. Checked out DSW for shoes. Alex found a really cute pair, but ended up not buying them. We headed to H & M. It was crazy in there. There were so many people and clothes. I found a few things to try on--even tho. I have told myself I can't buy anymore clothes. My closet is stuffed full and I don't want to buy any new pants until I am weighing in at my goal weight. The fitting room lines were looooong. I was telling Alex, something better fit! And H & M has weird sizes--they don't go S, M, L, etc. They are 4, 6, 8, etc. for tops, too. I was like, wha??? So Alex and I were guessing what sizes to grab. Anyway, I ended up with one top and some unmentionables. I got out of there cheap, Alex on the other hand ...
After our exhausting shopping we headed to Alex's apartment. She lives in Russian Hill. Her apartment was cute. Hardwood floors. Typical S.F. apartment or house--very long and narrow. They have a teeny little "porch" with an amazing view. Alex told me that it is even more impressive at night. I can only imagine. We hung out there a bit and then headed to Polk Street for dinner. We found a cute Seafood place and shared tapas plates. We got to the restaurant at about 6 p.m. We walked out and I looked at my watch. It was 9:10. We couldn't believe we were there for 3 hours. Alex walked me to the bus stop and waited with me. I took the bus to BART and took the train home. Curt picked me up at the BART station. Man, I was exhausted. But it was a good fun day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home