Thursday, January 19, 2006

A few more Tucson trip comments

Here are a few things I forgot to mention on my Tucson trip wrap-up:

  • Curt and I met my cousin Mark for breakfast at The Grill. There were maybe 2-3 other tables filled. Our service was horrendous. The server took our order and delivered our food and never came back. Curt wanted coffee and asked for sweetner. Get this: They only had sugar. What is up with that!!??!! I know I loved The Grill in college and even the night of my high school reunion (when I couldn't read the menu after having many beers). But I don't think the Chihak Poff clan will be going back anytime soon.
  • You may have noticed that I blogged a lot while in Tucson. Well, Curt hooked Dad and Hilda up with wireless Internet. And this sounds really sad--but they don't really have a TV. So after I had looked through both papers I blogged. (There was a TV in our room one day and then it was not there anymore. Thinking it might have been stolen I checked Dad and Hilda's room--their's was there with a lovely VCR. Well, I find out later that the TV in our room was moved to theirs so they could watch movies.) So we never watched TV at their house. Oh, and they have no cable. How do people live without numerous TVs (Curt and I have three), cable, DVD player and TiVo????
  • Our flight back to SFO from Tucson was fairly uneventful until about 20-30 minutes before we landed in SFO. The captain told us there would be some turbulence when we got close to the city. I have never felt turbulence like that. We were rocking and swaying all over the place. Once we were over the water you could see how choppy it was and we were lurching back and forth. I couldn't look out the window for fear of needing that little bag in the front seat pocket. We landed safely after the bumpy ride. And the runway was pretty flooded. It was kinda crazy.

Anyway, we love Tucson! Can't wait to go back for a visit. And we wouldn't mind living there again. For all you Phoenix fans--no thanks to Phoenix! Tucson rocks and Phoenix doesn't. But we love our friends in Phoenix. Come visit guys! (And to all of our friends all over the place: Come visit, too!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

-A big old Boooo to Phoenix! I'd love to spend more time in Tuscon, tho.

-And I need to come visit sometime! Weird to have Aaron talking about his trip with you guys... funny how we're all friends, but not at the same time :-)

-We only have one TV, and it has bad sound and gets 3 channels on a good day. We survive. Spend a lot of time online, tho...

Thursday, January 19, 2006 3:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home