Thursday, January 12, 2006

Christmas pictures and wrapup

Friday, December 30 was our last full day in Tucson before coming back to rain and gray skies. Curt and I headed to my mom's early afternoon. Curt watched football while Mom went with me to run errands.
First the horrible mall to have my ring cleaned. It took at least 10 minutes to find a dang parking spot. I hate the mall--and that day I was remembering why. We finally find a parking spot and head to Macy's. I stock up on some Clinique. Then to Weisfield's to get my ring cleaned. It was quick and we were out of there.
Then to Eegee's for my Strawberry Eegee drink. (I was there for a whole week and I almost forgot to get one. That would have been a real tragedy.)
One more stop ... grocery store. Mom needed cilantro for the menudo. Yummmmmmmm! And I found some Saladitos. Those are dried plums that are salted and flavored. Love those things! They are hard to find even in Phoenix. (But that is probably cuz Phx. sucks. :) Thought I would get a rise out of a few of my readers.)
Back to my mom's to have my Eegee slushie drink and kinda watch football. Then Fred and Curt went to my grandma's to "fix" her DVD player.
Then a taco dinner at my mom's. (Sylvia's homemade tacos are awesome.) Good food. Grandma and my Aunt Lisa came over, too.
Curt and I showed Mom and Fred how to use their new digital camera and how to upload the pictures to the computer.
The rest of the evening was lazy. Fred and Curt watched football in the TV room and Mom and I watched "Law & Order: SVU" in their bedroom and we both zonked out.
Then up at 4 a.m. the next day to catch our early flight.
It was great to see lots of family and friends. Now when are you all gonna visit us? We have an air mattress and a small spareroom (and a small apartment), but hey it works and it's free!
Here are the pics from our Christmas trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home