Thursday, September 22, 2005

Movie reviews and other stuff ...

So last night Curt and I watched "Super Size Me." I had already seen it, but watched it again. It really is a good movie. It is pretty amazing what fast food can do to your body. Quite scary. I rarely ever eat fast food anymore. I have been trying to be more aware of what I eat (mostly drink). I have cut out coffee and soda (once in awhile I indulge). I have limited my alcohol intake. And I have been paying attention to my portions at dinner time. And I must be doing something right because I lost 5 pounds. Woo-hoo! I have been doing more yoga lately. And I plan to do more cardio, too.
Next Movie:
"Alfie." It was OK. Maybe I am thrown off by Jude Law being a big cheater and I am just not as impressed with his charm these days. "Alfie" is a remake--I haven't seen the original, so I am not sure how close the remake is to the original. Alfie is a jerk and has lots of girlfriends. And I was kinda bored with him. Plus he drove a mo-ped or something like that and he just looked dumb on that thing. Where was the real motorcyle?
So, definitely see "Super Size Me." I don't think you are missing out by skipping "Alfie."

3 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

good for you on the health stuff! i need to get back to yoga, too.

and dave would be proud of you for not liking jude law. he's been saying that guy's a bozo for way too long (but then again, who *doesnt* he say that about?).

Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

maybe if dave "believed" in blogs he would know my view on jude. :)

Friday, September 23, 2005 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally got around to seeing Super Size Me; i was impressed by Morgan Spurlock's insight as his movie gets into not only the physical but also the social effects of consuming fast food

Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home