Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sept. 11

Can you believe that it has been four years? I still remember working that day. All the TVs on, cranking out mass amounts of news and trying to not get too emotional.
On Sept. 11, 2002, after watching a 9/11 ceremony Curt proposed.
Then Sept. 11, 2004 my Nana died. Today is the one-year anniversary of her death. My aunt and dad are having a celebration of life today for her at my aunt's house. I called over there and it sounded like a great party. Good food and lots of family and friends. I talked with my dad, my aunt, mom and brother. Wish I could be there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I forgot that Curt proposed on September 11th. Maybe you need to have a celebration of life (Nana) and proposal party. It sounds like, for you, September 11th is a time for endings and beginnings. I remember 9/11/01 so clearly. I was in Albany and Grace was only 3 weeks old. We watched the news for hours and hours, and it finally got to the point that my sister could no longer watch it. She couldn't believe that she chose to bring another human being into such a destructive world. I'd like to think that it just means we (Grace's aunts, family, friends, etc) need to work even harder to show her that the world is indeed full of beauty.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home