Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Unofficially official

My friend Kate had told me to write about all my different temp jobs on my blog. (Apparently there are some crazy ones out there.) Well, sorry to say that my admin gig at Onyx Pharmaceuticals is the only one I will write about. (And I am glad I lucked out and didn't have to experience the really weird temp jobs.)
I am unofficially official here. I am still a temp. There is definitely room in the budget for me next year. And me being permanent could happen sooner.
I am the Legal Administrative Assistant. I really like working here. My supervisor (paralegal) and I work really well together. We make a good team. I like all the people I work with. The lawyer is really cool and layed back. I like that he takes the time to explain things to me. I am learning a lot of new stuff here. Biotechnology is 180 from newspapers. And I like working Monday thru Friday, 9-5, no holidays.
I do miss newspapers. It is much different experiencing news as just a reader or watcher (CNN, no Fox News here). I can only imagine how busy The Republic has been with the hurricane. But I do have to say that I do enjoy just being a reader.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breast Cancer patient protection
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer patient protection at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer patient protection

Friday, April 27, 2007 5:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home