Monday, August 03, 2009

Productive & feeling good

I was very productive over the weekend. I did a ton of shredding (still have a ton more to do). But our office/spareroom is looking so much more normal after my weekend attack.

Last week was pretty long and tough for me. So Friday after work and after yoga I headed home for some relaxing quiet time. I had been invited out to dinner with friends. But I really just needed some quiet alone time. I actually did a little house cleaning while drinking wine. Then I watched Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was cute--but one of the story lines was dumb and annoying and sometimes gross.

Saturday, usual gym. Then 12:30 headed to the groomer for Joey to get a bath, nail trim and get some mats taken care of. After I dropped him off I headed to the ewaste place in Oakland to drop some stuff off.
Once home Curt and I headed to McNally's for a drink. I had my regular Bloody Mary. Yum! Then I got a call from the groomer saying Joey was almost ready and what a good boy he was. Awww.
After we got Joey home the spareroom/office project continued on. And I went nuts. After the shredder gets warm and hot it has to cool down so it stops itself. So in between those times I had to do something productive. I pretty much revamped the closet in the spareroom--which is really Curt's closet. I made the space much more usable and cleaned up and we threw away a bunch of crap and found a bunch of stuff to donate.
Saturday evening I relaxed and watched The Talented Mr. Ripley, which I saw many years ago but wanted to watch again. That movie is weird!

Sunday I attacked another closet in the living room in the morning. Then I took a break to have coffee with my friend Kim. That was a nice visit. I hadn't seen her in some time and it was great catching up.
After my coffee visit I was back to shredding and attacking closets. I feel really great about the stuff we threw away, stuff we will donate, the organizing I did, the cleaning and the shredding.

A few people have mentioned that I don't update my blog as often as I used to. Yup, that is true. (It is going to continue to be that way with work being as busy as it is.) Work keeps me pretty busy during the day. And then once home I am exhausted and really, do you want me to blog about: "Work was busy. I am so tired. Time for bed." That's boring.
But I have been very regularly updating Go Fit Girl!
And Joey recently updated his blog. (Oh, yea, we just got a little Flip HD camcorder for our upcoming trip. So check back for videos of Joey.) Here is one video we took Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home