Thursday, November 06, 2008

N'awlins

I am going to New Orleans! I am so excited!
Last year one of the raffle prizes at the holiday party was two round-trip plane tickets. The co-worker who won them just couldn't use them. They are tricky: you call and say I want to go here on this date and they say yes or no. So you have to be flexible.
So she gave them to my friend Sue and said, if you can use them you can have them. So Sue comes over to me and asks me where I would want to go for a long weekend. (And the catch is the tickets expire on Thanksgiving.) I told Sue New Orleans. She ran to her desk to call. Between the two of us only one weekend works in November. So she called and got that weekend. WHA!!!???
We checked with bosses and me with Curt and her with her sister to take care of her horses while she is gone. (I did tell Sue if she wanted to take the offer back and take her sister I was fine with that.)
So Sue calls the next day to book and the tickets are no longer available. DANG!!!!
She does some fancy work and finds out we can fly out a day earlier from San Jose and come back the same day we had planned. Sue put a hold on the tickets.
We did some hotel research. Man, hotels aren't too costly in New Orleans.
Oh, and guess what? The tickets are first class baby!!!! I have NEVER flown first class.

4 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Whee! Take pictures!

Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Elan Morgan said...

You are being featured on Five Star Friday:
http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2008/11/five-star-friday-edition-31.html

Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are lucky, girl! Have a terrific time! Hugs -M

Friday, November 07, 2008 1:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky duck! Have fun and I can't wait to see the pics!

Monday, November 10, 2008 8:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home