Friday, July 18, 2008

BlogHer 08

There have been many great things about my first day (and first time ever) at BlogHer '08. But the absolute best thing was when Faith (mommy is Holli) told me she loved me this morning. I went to visit Holli, Faith and Cory this morning in their hotel room and as I was leaving Faith said something. I didn't hear her so I said, what? She said, I love you. I said, Awww, I love you, too. You are so sweet.
This experience has been amazing. I have met so many people. And I have so many blogs to visit!!!
Probably the only negative was that they didn't have a name badge for me so I had to wear a handwritten one until this afternoon. And tonight I spilled my greentini on my friend Jeremy and myself at the cocktail party. Jeremy and I worked at the Arizona Daily Wildcat together in college and ran into each other today.
So I knew blogging was a big deal. But not until I came to this conference today did I really realize the true impact of it all. I attended some great sessions today. But I have to say the best were the Birds of a Feather, which were not an actual panel. More of a discussion group. I attended Travel, Personal Finance and Sex & Relationships. They were all great and different and so beneficial.
I met another woman (who is normal and cool and pretty and all that good stuff) whose cat also has a blog. We immediately exchanged cards.
Oh, I talked to some guy in the elevator who was having a hard time getting to the floor he wanted (the elevators are soooooo slooooow) and he said I should blog about him. So guy in the elevator at the Westin St. Francis with your Starbucks bag this is for you.
I have met so many cool people and gotten a ton of cool sawg. My swag bag is still in Holli and Cory's room. Oh, and I missed out on the cool Visio blue tooth headsets. But I think I may have sweet talked one of the guys into getting me one later. He has my card and I have his e-mail.
I have to say there are so many travel bloggers out there. I could totally do that for a living. I mean, I kinda do that now, right? I take you when I got to London, Phoenix, Tucson, Dublin, Germany, etc.
I also received a wonderful chair massage today. Oh, it was so nice!!!! Must get full body massage very soon.
After the last keynote and all the sessions were done Jeremy and I had a drink at the hotel and then headed to the cocktail party at Ruby Skye. Jeremy seems to know everyone. I met a lot of cool people. Saw one celebrity that I don't know from the TNT show Saving Grace. Got some more swag and yummy greentinis. Didn't eat dinner. Didn't really need it. There has been food available all day long. (But being a Weight Watcher I think I have done well.)
Oh, at one point I went to get coffee. It was from Travelin Joe, which is a local company who brings in a coffee cart for Onyx once a month. It was so cool! I got some coffee and chatted with the guys. They even wanted to know about my blog. So I gave them each a card. I love these little cards I got from moo.com.
I am so tired and I have to get up again for not quite as an early day tomorrow. I will probably update tomorrow night. And many details Sunday.
I am updating Twitter: starrchhk and Facebook (when it will let me).

5 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I even remember the time you blogged about your travels to Albany. ;) Sounds like you are having a ball and meeting lots of cool people.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I checked out the moo site and it is totally cool. I might need to order some of the mini cards. I love them!

Saturday, July 19, 2008 2:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This gave me a good laugh. I assume Poff Daddy did not attend?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

No Oso he didn't.
Ha! Thanks for that. That was funny. They actually converted some of the men's bathrooms for women.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Ann, it was great seeing you at the conference, and I'm glad you recognized me.

Hope you're having fun and that all's well. Let me know when you're here in LA, and I'll do the same for SF.

Hugs.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home