Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Joey!


Today is Joey's birthday. Curt likes to remind me that we don't actually know that today is his birthday.
So here is the story: At the beginning of June 1994 I was working at Petsmart. People used to find animals and bring them in all the time. We would tell them they had to take the animals to a shelter because we had nowhere for the animals. Then one day two men brought in a litter of kittens they had found in a Dumpster. Joey was so small and the only gray one in the bunch. Can you believe someone threw him away? I took him to a vet and the vet said he was about 6 weeks old. So April 15 ended up being his birthday.
So my little (16-pound) cat is now 13--a teenager. I can't believe that I have had him for almost 13 years.
And I like to remind Curt that Joey has been around a lot longer than he has.

HONKIN TV

And we got our new honkin TV delivered yesterday. When the guys set it down on the TV stand I couldn't believe how big it looked. I am sure I will get over that soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Amen to people using the word "Honkin!!!" I love that word!!!

And Happy birthday to Joey!! I celebrate Nate's birthday also. They're our children, they bring joy to our lives and they deserve a special day like everyone else!!

Yay!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is some TV. It looks so shiny...

Yeah, I don't watch much TV so no TiVo, no Netflix.

I usually catch Heroes online after the show. Because I can't get my VCR to work...

Monday, April 16, 2007 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home