Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mish mash

I know I haven't updated in what a whole week????
Anyway, lots of good things have been going on.
Last Thursday, Curt and I saw Billy Bragg perform. I pretty much know nothing about music--I wish I did. We saw him at the American Music Hall or something like that in San Fran. He was great. And he is very liberal and likes to talk about it. He also had a song called the "Bush War Blues." It was great! This venue was in the Tenderloin. If you aren't familiar, that is the sketchiest area in San Fran. There were some strange people--but it wasn't too bad.
Saturday went out in the city for dinner to celebrate my friend Alex's birthday. We went to this place called AsiaSF. We had family-style dinner and great drinks. Well, the place is known for transvestites. Our server was one. Her name was Sharon. Well, during dinner they have entertainment. Different trannies dance on the bar. It is totally amazing. After dinner we went downstairs to the club. We did lots of dancing. And there were more performances by the trannies. I took lots of pics--haven't uploaded them yet.
Then Sunday was my craft party at Michaels. Had a good turnout. We made a necklace and a bracelet. And they came out pretty nice. We had good eats at the potluck and fun and crazy conversations, as always with that group. Everyone was so generous with gifts--which I didn't expect at all.
I took yesterday off. I don't like to work on my birthday. In the morning I got a mani/pedi. Then to Old Navy for a little shopping. Then our storage unit to get some boxes. I came home, had a little lunch and did some packing. Curt got home a little after 6 with sweetheart roses for me. He and I had sushi for dinner at this great place in Oakland. We came home and I opened my gifts. Woo-hoo!
I got more stuff in the mail today. And tonight I am getting my gift from Curt. He says I am really gonna like it. (He had shipping issues--and yesterday was a holiday--so that is why I am getting it tonight.)
When I went in to work today I had beautiful flowers from my dad and Hilda. And cute little roses from my friend Alex. Hopefully I won't kill them.
Thanks for all the gifts and well-wishes everyone. It was a great day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (:

Sounds like you had a great day.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

yeah!!! happy bday. i'm also excited because for some reason i had in my head that your birthday was SEPT 9.
so i was totally bummed that i had missed it. yeah! now i'm not such a bad egg. :O)

Friday, October 13, 2006 9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home