Monday, May 15, 2006

I am still here!

I know I haven't blogged lately. Not blogging for almost a whole week is a long time for me to not put down my random thoughts and blab on and on. But I have been in training in the city for the past few days. So I have been out and in the office and out and out.

Desktop training
My training started Thursday. I took two Word classes. Took two more Word classes on Friday. I have learned so much. It is a classroom setting. Two people sit at a desk with their own computers. There is a third monitor in the middle so we can see what the instructor is doing. LearniT! is the name of the organization. I think the way they have things set up makes it so easy to learn. Each section (part or module, whatever you want to call it) is about two hours. So you can attend whatever parts you need.
Today I had Power Point classes. I just learned the basics. But it was still pretty cool. Wednesday I will take the very first Excel class.

Only in Berkeley
This morning I was walking to the BART station at about 7 a.m. (Ugh! Too early. But had to be in San Fran for my 8 a.m. training class). I was standing at the intersection waiting for the light to change when a bicyclist rode by me. Another bicyclist started yelling at him. I thought she was yelling because he went through a red light. She yells, "That f***ing nasty!" I look at him and realize he is naked and wearing a backpack. And he is also laughing. Just what I want to look at at 7 a.m.!

Hanging out in San Francisco
I took the 8-9:45 class at LearniT! and the 1-2:45 classes. So I had a long break.
After my first class was done I headed to Chinatown. I love looking at all the cheap crap they sell in the stores. I only spent a dollar and some change. I mean where else can you get postcards, Bruce Lee posters, Hello Kitty stuff, nasty (sex position) key chains for 99 cents, lucky cat figurines, etc. They also have these Wisemen Hats. They are a crackup. I tried to find a pic online--but failed to do so. Anyway, they are kinda like a beanie with a long braid down the back. One store had a sign that said if you took a picture with the hat it would cost you a dollar. HA!
I headed to a guy shining shoes. I have never had my shoes professionaly shined before. Anyway, my Dr. Martens look much better. I wasn't sure how much it would cost. But there was a guy already getting his shoes shined, so I paid attention to the money transaction with him and the shoe shiner. The guy gave him a $10 bill. He handed him back two $1s and waited a few seconds and then handed him a third and the guy told him to keep it. He did the same thing with me. I told Curt and he said that the guy probably does that so you see him hand you back $2 and you tell him to keep one or whatever and he makes $2 to $3 off you! Sneaky!

Lunch
I met Curt for lunch today. We got some honkin' burritos for lunch and headed back to his work to eat on the patio. After our lunch I headed back for one more training class and then headed home.

Working out
I did a lot of walking today. Yea me! And I also came home and did yoga. The working out overall is coming along OK. I have been walking more lately--but that is because I have been in the city.

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I think I need to know what constitutes a honkin' burrito - because it sounds wonderful!!

I didn't realize you were in Berkeley. I'm actually coming there in June for the Radiohead concert! Maybe I will have a honkin' burrito while I'm there!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:24:00 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

Hey!! I'm taking a PowerPoint II module next month!! I took the first mod, but really - the only thing new they showed me was the slide transitions. Never ever seen that before!! LOL And I work with PP all the time!

I took 4 modules of Microsoft Access and that's a booger! If you don't work with it everyday, then forget it!!

I'm loving the nekked cyclist!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home