Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm (NOT) Singing in the Rain

Curt probably isn't either.
Sometime last night it started pouring. And it was pouring this morning. Curt had to walk to the BART station in the rain.
It is just ugly and nasty out there. And it makes the day seem so long because everytime you think it is later in the day it isn't! "Oh, it's almost time to go home." And you look at the clock and it's only 2!

On the positive side I went to Toys R Us last night to buy toys for Onyx's toy drive. We had a food drive last month. And it was a competition. One side of the floor vs. the other. Well, my side has WAY fewer people. So we collected money--got $375. We bought a bunch of food and won the competition! Woo-hoo! We had money left over so we used that to buy toys. I got a good amount. I had about a 100 bucks to spend. It may seem like a lot--but toys are expensive and I had to work hard to stay within our budget. Another woman took $30 to take her two boys to the Dollar Store and have them pick stuff out. Go to the experts--they know what is cool!
(And I am sure some of you are shocked that I dared to venture into a retail store after Thanksgiving. But I left work a little early--so the crowds were minimal at the store.)

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

i am surprised you ventured out into the rain AND retail hell. i know how you feel about that! L:O)
you would love the christmas tree shop i was talking about. the bad part is that you have to use restraint because the prices certainly don't hold you back!

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Norman said...

irk!! I haaaaaate rain. I haaaaaaaate snow. I haaaaaaaate wind, and we are getting all three within the next week. *sob*

Friday, December 02, 2005 7:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home