Monday, November 28, 2005

What a morning!

So this morning I had a doctor's appointment: for my annual. No fun! (Though I do love my new doctor and everyone in her office.)
I get there and my nurse is super nice. She asks me if I have had a tetanus shot lately. Er, um, it has been 10 years. (The last time I had one was when I was bit by a crazy cat while working at Petsmart--in the groom shop.)
So I had my icky shot--and I HATE needles. The nurse did a really good job--I barely felt it. (She says she hates needles, too.) My arm ached a little. And actually since I have been at work I have felt fine. But it could feel bad later. (My shot cost 30 bucks. There is only one company in the U.S. that makes the shot. Isn't that unbelievable??? I thought I would have to pay for it when I "checked out" but the woman at the desk never said anything. I am sure I will get a bill--my insurance could pay for it. When I went to pay my $15 co-pay the credit card machine wasn't working. [She said it was all the holiday online shoppers clogging up the lines.] So I had to pay cash. I had 15 bucks in my wallet. When I was walking out of the building I realized that I had to pay to get out of the parking lot and I had just spent my last bit of money. Luckily I had enough in change to pay the $1 to get out of there.)
Then I had my lovely annual. But the NP was quick and nice, too. We also discussed my weight. She says mine is a little high for my height--and I know that. But she was really pleasant about the whole thing. She says she likes to be careful about telling people what their weight goal should be--because sometimes people are obsessive about it.
And then upstairs to the lab for my blood withdrawal: They want my cholesterol and blood sugar checked. I asked to lie down and the woman was really nice and talked to me the whole time she stabbed me with the needle. That was probably the best experience I had with having my blood drawn. (I was close to fainting once when I had my blood drawn. The tech had to throw me on the floor. It was truly a lovely experience. So now I always lie down.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home