Monday, November 14, 2005

We're housemates ... Please feel free to hit on us

So Saturday night Curt and I met our friend Eric at Albatross--a bar near us. Eric also invited another couple he is friends with, John and Nicole.
This bar is pretty cool. They have darts, pool tables and an endless supply of board games. Throughout the night I kept hearing the "Taboo" buzzer go off. And you all know how I feel about Taboo.
So Darts was first played. Not by me--I suck!
Then we sat at the table chatting and drinking beer and eating pizza. Then Eric busted out his games. He brought a bunch. So the five of us played Boggle. That was a lot of fun. Tho. the bar was pretty loud so it was hard to hear when people read off their list of words.
After that we got a lesson on Backgammon. My brother and I used to play it when we were kids. But I pretty much forgot how. Curt had never played. So we played that. Drank more beer.
Then headed back to the dart board. Eric has these fancy spring-loaded darts. Sometimes they are good and sometimes not. Those things like to pop out when I hit the bull's eye. Anyway, we headed to the dart board that we thought was open. There was this tiny girl (woman) playing. So a couple of the guys teamed up and played her and her roomate. On the chalkboard they have written: We're housemates Please feel free to hit on us. Hilarious! So then it was housemates vs. married. And eventually there were some scuzzy guys kinda hanging around wanting to "hit on" the cute girl named Diana. I was very protective of her and didn't want to let those guys in on the game. They were icky! It was very weird wathching the college-age single ritual. I don't miss that one bit!
That night flew by. Before I knew it it was 1:30 a.m. And I never stay up that late. My usual bedtime is 11 p.m. And that night I didn't go to bed until after 2 a.m. Party Girl! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

You are such a "normie" now...with you 11 p.m bed time! I never thought that would happen!

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

that is so cool — a bar with board games! did they have cranium?

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Jen-

I thought of you the other day because I was at Borders (on the 2nd floor...at the Biltmore) and they have several tables with board games!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:46:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I didn't see Cranium--but that doesn't mean they don't have it. You have to get there early to get the good games.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home