Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Plastic

Usually when I go grocery shopping I take my own bags: canvas, Trader Joe's sturdy plastic and other reusable bags. But I recently realized that we are almost out of plastic bags. Can you believe that? So I actually went to the grocery last night without my bags and loaded up on plastic ones.

Contacts

This morning I went to the eye doctor to try my new contacts. I am going with rigid gas permeable, which at first are uncomfortable and your eyes tear a lot. But eventually I will get used to them and I will be able to see better than with soft lenses. And these "hard" lenses last much longer than soft--like 2-3 years. Nuts! I decided not to wear them to work since my eyes were tearing so much. So tonight I will put them in for a couple of hours and every day add a little more time to my lens wearing and then go back to the eye doc in 2 weeks to see how I am doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

gees made my eyes tear up just reading about it!

i also bring my own bags but now that we have a dog who poops in public, we are out of bags! never thought that would happen.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bleh! i love soft lenses. i can't imagine putting those hard ones on there, though i have heard that they let more oxygen in to your eyes.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 1:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home