Monday, January 29, 2007

Exhausted!

It's Monday morning at around 9:30 and I am exhausted. Good thing I have my Go Girl energy drink for a pick me up later.
Curt and I spent the weekend in Tucson. We had a great time.
We got in late Friday night.
Saturday morning we picked my grandpa up and headed to the Arizona vs. North Carolina game at McKale Center. It was my grandpa's first time ever at McKale. We had great seats, but unfortunately it was not a great game. And there was so much hype for the game--it was nationally televised. When we got to McKale we ran into the athletic director. He told my dad that students showed up Saturday morning after the bars closed. So at 2:30 in the morning they were out there??? Not really sure why since there is no general admission. The student sections were pretty full when we got there about 50 minutes before the game started. And let me tell you, the student sections are not like they were when I was in school. They actually have a section down low with rowdy, painted student fans--that is the way it should be. It is called the Zona Zoo.
So the Cats played horribly and the refs made bad calls. But we still had fun.
After the game we tried to go to Bisonwitches for lunch. They were pretty busy. So we ended up at The Cup. Hilda joined us for lunch.
Afterward we took Grandpa home and headed back to Dad and Hilda's. We all ended up napping. Then walked to dinner. I had this amazing fettucine. I was good and only ate half--I could have easily eaten the whole thing. But let's just say I wasn't really Weight Watching it this weekend. After dinner we headed to Starbucks for some caffeine before our 10 p.m. movie. We saw "Babel." Excellent movie!
Sunday morning we met Mom, Fred and Grandma at the Arizona Inn for brunch. It was a beautiful day. We sat poolside and soaked up the sun. Then to Grandma's to hang out. My Uncle Mike and cousin Jackie were there. So we were able to visit with them, too. We had a really fun visit with everyone.
Back to Mom and Fred's for a little relaxing (I took a little nap) and then a little food (menudo and tamales) before heading to the airport. We also came home with a dozen red chile tamales and a dozen green corn tamales. Yum!
We landed in Oakland about 9:30 and got home about 11 p.m.
We had a great weekend, but of course, we are exhausted. But it was totally worth it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Glad you had fun. I saw Leah today and we discussed how excited we are that you are coming to town. We're looking forward to lots of visiting and knitting!

Monday, January 29, 2007 7:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home