Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So Annoyed!!!

The other day I received a summons for jury duty. I have not even lived in California for 2 years and this is the 5th summons I have received. Yup, 5! The first one was for December 2005. I had it deferred until January because we were going on vacation. So I had jury service in January--didn't actually have to serve. But was told my service was complete for a year. Then in April 2006 got another summons. I called and they told me it was an error and cleared it from the computer.
Then December 2006 another summons. Technically my year service wasn't complete. So I called and they cleared that one. As that woman was looking in the computer she noticed another one would be coming to me and told me to ignore it. It came about a month later and I ignored it.
So just the other day I received the latest one. The jury date is right before we got to Hawaii. So I tried to defer online. It wouldn't let me: DENIED! Because I didn't pick a date 6 weeks after my initial summons. Whatever! So I called this morning. The guy asks if I deferred before. I said yes. I kept getting put on hold. (Also when he answered the phone he just said, hello? I had no idea if I had called the right number.) He comes back on and tells me this is my last deferrment! What the H???? I don't mind serving jury duty. But I better not get a summons next year for when we are in England and Ireland. There are plenty of people I work with who have lived in California waaaaay longer than I have and have never received a summons.
I just had to get that off my chest!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

How annoying!!! I've only been called twice. The first time I went to serve but was dismissed and the second time I didn't have to go in but because I called to check-in and I was told that I "served my time." The worst part, for you, is that it is a total bureaucracy and even if you could reach a helpful person they probably couldn't even fix the problem or figure out why it is happening!

England...Ireland...how exciting! I want to go to Ireland!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the encouraging comment. I started WW a year ago and lost 25lbs in the first six months, but haven't been following it much since. I'm just now getting back into it and having to break the bad habits all over again. Congrats on you loss! I've added you to my bloglines, so I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home