Monday, October 24, 2005

Happy Anniversary!

So Curt and I were in Napa/Sonoma this weekend to celebrate our second anniversary, which is tomorrow.
Saturday we headed to Petaluma--a cute and charming town. We had lunch and walked around. Then I had my massage. (A woman Curt used to work with is now a professional massage therapist.) She did a wonderful job. (The massage was my anniversary present from Curt.)
Then afterward, Curt and I, and Ronda (massage therapist) and her boyfriend, Steve, headed to the Petaluma Oktoberfest. (First we drove to Santa Rosa and then realized that it was in Petaluma--right where we had started out.) So we had food and drinks at Oktoberfest--bratwurst, turkey legs and beer. Good food! And some silly entertainment. First there was a polka band, then some lady who walked on some pole balanced by 2 audience volunteers. She invented this pole herself--she was a crazy little woman. Then there was some young band playing rock. And then some older guys playing covers. We had a good time. (Oh, and the money earned at Oktoberfest went to Hurricane Relief--which was good since it wasn't cheap to get in.)
Then after that Curt and I headed to Sonoma to stay at the Windhaven Cottage. It was a great little guesthouse. We are definitely planning on going back. Forget Napa--we will stay at the cottage and then drive to Napa (which really isn't that far).
So Sunday late morning we left the cottage and headed to St. Helena for lunch. The we started driving south toward Napa and lots of wineries. We hit four wineries. Let's see if I can remember all of them: William Harrison; Miner; Pine Ridge; and of course Andretti. (Andretti is the winery I am a Wine Club member of. I got free tastings and discounts on everything we purchased.) We stocked up on lots of stuff from Andretti--now most of our Christmas shopping is done.
So we had a good weekend. Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner at the Claremont Resort in Berkeley.

3 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

that sounds like a wonderful weekend! congratulations you two on your anniversary!

Monday, October 24, 2005 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

was it uncomfortable to get a massage from someone you know?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:03:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, I had just met Ronda that day. It was a little weird--but I was OK with it. I did tell Curt the more I got to know her I might not want to get a massage from her. But she did a really good job!

***

Unfortunately no 2-buck Chuck tours. I know how you LOVE that wine, Ed. Your comment had me laughing.

Friday, October 28, 2005 9:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home