Monday, July 17, 2006

A little burned ...

But we still had a blast in San Diego.
Let's see where did I leave off in my S.D. adventures?
Curt arrived Friday night. After he got there we had dinner at the hotel restaurant.
The next morning we had breakfast in our room and then got ready to head to the beach. We spent a few hours at the beach. I love hanging out in the sand and relaxing. Curt on the other hand is not a beach guy--I told him that information would have been helpful before we were married. HA! Curt still had fun and did some wandering. (Apparently while we are in Hawaii next year he is gonna learn to surf. He said he could learn to be a beach guy.) The water was too cold. Only my feet ventured into the water a couple of times.
Please no one take offense to my next statement: There were plenty of people at the beach in their teeny bikinis, who had no business wearing teeny bikinis, which made me feel much better about myself in my tankini.
After beachtime (we were in Mission Beach) we headed to Ocean Beach to have fish tacos. There is this place where you get fish tacos downstairs and tattoos upstairs. We went to The Black. A cool store we both like--you can get stickers, T-shirts, cards, candles, incense, bongs, pipes, etc. Well, it wasn't as much fun this time around. When you start getting older that stuff just isn't cool anymore. Very sad.
Then we headed to a bar for a beer. We found out you could bring food in so Curt got our fish tacos and we ate at the bar.
Then back to the hotel to freshen up. Then out to dinner in La Jolla--we had Mexican. It was good and cheap. We walked around a bit, then headed back to the hotel.
Sunday morning we headed out to downtown. We had an early lunch. And then on to the ballpark for Padres vs. Braves. The Petco ballpark is pretty cool. We had a fun time.
Then off to the airport for our flight.
So we stayed at the Marriot La Jolla (that is where my conference was). That hotel was nice! In the gym they had TVs at each of the cardio machines, lemon water to drink, free towels and headphones to use. I am not used to being that fancy! Oh, and by the front desk in the lobby they had cold lemonade for hotel-stayers.
Oh, and Curt and I have decided we want to live in San Diego. So all of you who want to visit San Fran and have a free place to stay better come soon. (Well, we will probably be here for a while. But I am just warning you now.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well your cousin Emily will be very happy to hear this! After we vacationed in San Diego last year, she fell in love with it and has decided that is where she wants to live. That is after she completes culinary school to become a pastry chef. Then she will live in San Diego and make wedding cakes for celebrities! I have to admit San Diego is a little slice of heaven cause I love it too!!
By the way, I love keeping up to date with your lives on your blog sweetie! Thanks!
Love you two!
Aunt Gen

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:29:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That reminds me ... when I was in high school my goals were to become a lawyer (first major in journalism), move to San Diego and drive a jeep.
I loved going to San Diego for family vacations when I was a kid.
Curt and I love San Fran/Berkeley but there is just something about San Diego.
Hopefully Curt will get a high paying job so I can hang out at the beach every day!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home