Friday, July 14, 2006

In San Diego

Well, I left work Wednesday afternoon. I hurried home and got my last-minute stuff together. I thought the 10-minute walk would be easy to the BART station with my rolly bag. It was a little tougher than I imagined. But I did OK.
Once my bag was checked in and I was hanging out at the airport bar I completely forgot about the chaos at work. I hung out, had a few drinks and some pizza. I chatted with the bartender and another guy who sat next to me. He was from Alameda. He was very nice and even bought me a drink. Woo-hoo! He was off to Portland for a little work and golf.
Usually I get kinda freaked out during take-off. Not this time. Being mellowed by my margarita and Coronas had me completely calm and totally into my magazine.
Thursday was my Patent seminar. The instructor was great. I really learned a lot. It was a bunch of information--but it really made me understand the process. It can be a very long process. An inventor on their own would have to be pretty loaded to afford all the fees. It is unfortunate that individuals can't really afford it. And here is the killer part: the money "you" pay to the Patent Office goes into the federal government's general fund! That is why the PTO has to keep increasing fees. I was exhausted after the seminar. I did a little work, worked out and then headed down to the bar and grill in the hotel. I had dinner and unfortunately had the luxury of watching an older couple make out!
I also watched the end of the A's game. Go A's! They won. Then some show on ESPN called Quite Frankly was on. I couldn't hear anything he was saying. But at the bottom of the screen would be a brief summary about what he was talking about. Whenever a male athlete was referred to they used the last name. But the race car driver was referred to as Danica. I was offended by that. Oh well.
Today I did some work, worked out, spent some time at the pool and headed to the University Town Centre for lunch and some shopping. Now I am back in the room taking a little break. Curt will be arriving later tonight.
Tomorrow we are going to the beach. I can't wait. Tho. I feel sorry for all those people who will be blinded by my white skin. That is the bad part about not living in Arizona: pasty skin.
And Sunday we are going to a Padres game at the new Petco ballpark, or the Litterbox as Curt likes to call it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home